Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pain

I was trying to find a topic to write, one did comes up. I was about to write about stalking but suddenly I want to write about pain. I thought I had written about pain before, but when I click back on my posts .. none ! I omitted this topic so much when I was no stranger to it at all.

I always say to myself "life is about how much we can endure, and still comes out unspoiled of it". It took me 3 years to come out of the 1st 'silent retreat'. Life gives us so much of pain and sorrow, and for us, those who can come out unspoiled of it are the learned one. Those who can over come the pain and sorrow will know what joy and happiness are. Coelho, my favorite writer, did asks whether we want happiness or joy ? Joy is everlasting, happiness is the surge of a moment ! But most often we end up in pain and sorrow before we can really find the everlasting joy !

Physical pain is healable but mental pain is lifetime. It will leave a lifetime memory and a scar deep enough to reminds us never to enter the trouble water again. But then again how many of us do really absorb the lesson and never enter into trouble water again ? We are not seeking pain but we are seeking what believe in, and most the time very often it happens that we maneuver the wrong corner and ended up in the wrong place and got ourself once again enduring the pain again. Such is life, the repeating lesson until it is learned.

Pain is inevitable in our life for without pain we don't know what happiness is about, without suffering we don't know what joy is ! It is all inter-related. When in pain we have to allow it time to heal be it physical or mental. If we push too hard for recovery it will snap and the wound may just continues to deteriorate and gets worse. We must allow time for the wound / pain to be over so that we can continue our journey !

Now are you in pain ? Have you allow your wound ample time to heal properly .. don't leave a deep scar !

No comments: