Saturday, December 12, 2009

3 things that makes my heart smile ....

with its antenna tune up, mantis shrimp is paying attention to my lens !

the last 5 days while in Lembeh Hills Resort diving, there are 3 things that really makes me smile from my heart.

The first was the wrasse that keeps swimming in front of my camera lens trying to pose or being playful when I want to shoot the snout pipefish. The wrasse follows my camera and when I move it away it keeps swimming infront of the lens. I laughed when I saw it keep trying to follow my camera, chicky little wrasse.

The other is my divemaster’s smiling eye … I want to see 2 things which I keep repeating and asking to see ! Flamboyant cuttlefish and blue ring octopus. So on our 2nd day diving, he was showing me this little cuttlefish when I saw the flamboyant ! and I pointed to him no not this cuttlefish .. THAT cuttlefish ! and to my surprise I see the biggest smiling eye that I have ever seen underwater ! His eyes were wide and big. Again his eyes were wide smiling when he spotted the blue ring this time as we descent and its like ok now I spotted the blue ring and we equal each other, he was so happy to show it to me as a proof of he can do better then me in spotting the small stuff ! ! We laugh so loud underwater, having equal each other. John is his name !

The other thing that melts my heart is the cute mantis shrimp that stick his head out and ever curious with its antenna tune UP to receive the signal. This guy is so cute and funny that it again put a smile to my face.

It is so funny how the universe use so many ways to allows us chances to see the beauty that is everyday, to be in one with it, and being in it. To appreciate all the little things that comes into our life. And most often things happens for a reason, it is up to us whether we are able to see the signals and hints that is given to us.

If I am not opening up my heart to see, I would not have seen the flamboyant and see that wide smiley eye ! if I am not allowing myself to see things from a bigger picture I would have shoo the wrasse away for blocking my lens, instead of playing with it for a while. If I did not really ‘see’ the mantis shrimp I would not have seen it having its antenna up and paying attention to my lens !

All these I am grateful that I have learned to see with my heart, having a heart that is able to see and feel at the same time is much better then having a heart that only know how to beats.

what is your heart doing now ?

No comments: