Saturday, August 16, 2008

an examined life ?

I was reading at a forum that a friend started. And there was a thread about quotes that she recently added. She also posted a quote from Socrates " The unexamined life is not worth living'. So how many of us really do examine our life and make progressive adjustments to make it better ? 

Will you get your mind and thoughts together to make positive changes on your life when you are face with the many hurdles and test being thrown to you ? Or you just live it, let it pass and let life pass through you as well. I also read about a story of a man in Japan. He died in an empty building, only when the workers went in to clear the building for demolishing that they found his skeletal remains. No one knows who he is, where he comes from, who are his next of kins .. nothing. And the question here is how can anyone live without love from relatives and friends ? How can anyone live without having any 'identity' in this world ? Could he be just a passer by in this life, that he did not live in it ?

I would want to live a life that is full of roller coaster ride rather then just pass it. I welcome all the adversities that the universe throws to me, so that I pick up the lesson and move on to the next 'hell' ride.  I have only this life NOW to live, I will mourn but I will not let it pass. I will be very sad and depress when I am defeated, I will not deny it. I accept it as an encouragement for me to be better the next time around.

If we do not examine our own life, God will not do it for us. God will only award those who have the initiative to examine their own life.

The sea is alive when the wave are high, the sea is alive when the swells are chasing one after another, the sea is alive when the winds stirs up all the excitements ! The sea is Alive !

No comments: