Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Life's lesson

The 5 scenerios

Scene 1 : I walk down the street and there's a deep hole in the sidewalk. I fall in. It takes forever to get out. It's not my fault.

Scene 2 : I walk down the same street. I fall in the hole again. It still takes a long time to get out. It's my fault.

Scene 3: I walk down the same street. I fall in the hole again. It's becoming a habit. It is definitely my fault. I geto out immediately.

Scene 4 : I walk down the same street and see the deep hole in the sidewalk. I walk around it.

Scene 5 : I walk down a different street.

I read this story some time back and I re-read it again recently in "life is an open secret" ... it reminds me about life's many lessons. That lessons are being thrown to us numerous times, the same lessons until one day we walk down a different street. Lesson learned and time to truly move on !

My questions has always been, how many times do we need to fall into that hole before we realize that it is time to walk down another street ? Some people totally shun their fear and never even walk OUT or step OUT at all. So that they don't have to fall at all. Then again they pass life and they did not live it. BUT for most of us, we keep walking with our heads down and didn't realize that it is the same street that we keep coming back to. The lessons keep repeating until we walk with our heads up and our soul ajar ever ready for what comes next !

Well the universe does have a way of it's own, some of us consciously keep going back to the same street as we want to find out why and what happens along the way, how could we have fallen into that hole. Finding the reasons behind the fall, so that when we do come around the next time we know how to avoid it.

That said, some of us willingly allowing ourself to fall in as we are all human full with feelings and emotions that we are blinded by that temporarily loss of sight that we allow ourself to fall in.

I , do not disagree with the lessons being thrown back and again, because this way we keep preparing ourself for the ultimate destination. The lessons/journeys prepare us for what is next.

Now how many times have you fall into that hole ? or have you choose another street to walk down ? 

* I just walk down that same street and about to fall into the hole again.

No comments: