Sunday, August 15, 2010

on 13th August 2010 in Bali, it was Friday !

I don't know what to title this post. The last one week it was filled to the extreme .. new friendship ties, and strengthen another ! From someone casual to someone closer.

We had fun diving and sightseeing, we share jokes on food and people, from casual to close. And one incident change me forever, I am not sure. Just the day before, we were on top of the world with our wishes granted and permitted but the next day, at that same place we were brought to the entrance of hell .. teaching us the most important lesson in life, survival !

The whole group ( 7 of us including Divemaster Asa) was caught in the down current; we were separated as 2 groups; with one group hanging at the corals. And I was ok swimming near to the corals catching up on them. And when I turn back, I had no idea of what would come next. The only instinct is grab hold of her and not loss her. She is part of my responsibility, as I have unconsciously taken it from her buddy.

In that moment of struggle (we are being suck in the down current and me trying hard to inflate my BCD to lift 2 persons, we seems not to be moving up at all !! ) I was asking for help, I don't want to die. And I look up .. the sky is blue and visibility is clear from 20m ! I can see clearly the blue sky with white clouds ... I cry out for help, please help me ! And the next moment I know we are slowly lifted up to the surface.

The moment we were at the surface, my mind was on you where are you ? I keep asking the boatman where are you ? I told him in Bahasa one diver got drifted far out .. look far look out !! I was very worried for a moment, looking at the surface how far can the current brings you ! And a sausage came up floating, I thought it was the DM's but boatman says no ! then we pick up one more diver, yet there is no sign of you ! Where are you ?? Boat man decided to have a closer look whose diver is that ? A new sausage ! There you are the voice .. and I was relieved !

The rest I did not worry that much. Because the most important person at that moment is safe in my sight ! A friend in twitter asks me "who is in your mind?" I did not answer her immediately, because I wasn't sure what was in my mind. All I can think of is to be safe and when I am safe the next person in mind is you. The one that slip my hand; among the bubbles I saw you drifting away and within seconds was out of my sight !

I was frantically asking the boatman to look for you, but a different person show up ! I had to have my attention on her while in my heart and mind I had only you.

So in that very moment it was you in my mind. I was released from all others, I was set free and I think I am prepared for a new life !




No comments: