Tuesday, August 31, 2010

moving on

I .. hesitating how to start the line for a moment. I want a massage just now as my shoulder is hurting alot. I frequent this massage place in Soi 33 (more famously known as Soi Renaissance as the bar names are all name after the Renaissance figures) But the shop SA Massage was not there anymore. It have change to Teen 3 massage with dark glasses ! When I was walking inside from the BTS station, I talk tot myself that I have not been here for almost 3 years now, is she still operating ? After the protest in May, a lot of people are jobless and things turn bad.

So I end up up going to next door, which seems more like a better place and to my shock the price of massage had drop, from 450 / 2 hr to 300/ 2 hr that I had with Khun Sa. Society divides and double with a corrupt government, people are the most badly affected. Couldn't imagine how anyone could survive when the price of goods increases without the price of wages being increase to go with it.

The second time, I felt sad was that the taxi driver told me that times are bad now, from this after 3pm (it was past midnight when I board his cab) till now he only get 500bht and gas cost him 200bht. And he pointed to me look so many taxis queueing up at the road side .. no passenger !

I travel to Bangkok very often, and this year its my 3rd time; and I have a feeling I will be here more often. But the society is so divided, the rich are really filthy rich, when the poor are really suffering. Making ends meet and merely surviving. And what is wrong when the poor tries to fight for their rights so that government take a look at its people ! Pay a little attention to the people who votes and serve them as they gave you their trust in governing them !

Life is so fragile that we never knows what happens next; I have only regrets that I didn't go earlier to SA's place. SHe took me as a very frequent customer, giving me fruits to eat while waiting and gave me her best masseur. I hope she is healthy and also life is taking care of her.


No comments: