Friday, March 19, 2010

lost and found

* this post was created on 27th February 2010; somehow I almost forgot about it until now.

Yesterday I was so happy I found back a pendant that I thought was lost. It was a black colored heart shape pendant made of a kind of stone that I bought from Kwai, Thailand. And also at the same time ALL my contacts in my new phone was lost when I did a sync with my laptop. And in there was a contact that I most wanted to keep, a person's contact that I still want to keep close to my heart as I know that we have not close the chapter yet. and while transferring the contacts I manage to retrieve the number from my sim card, I found again.

That feeling of lost and found, makes me treasures it more now. This pendant is of black color which is consider a bad luck color what more its a heart shape pendant in black, my Mom do not like it at all. But I kept it. Deep in my heart, I thought that Mom had throw my pendant away. She did it once with my one of the orang utan I brought back from a dive show. I was angry and did not talk to her for a few days. So when she says that she don't like this pendant and it got missing. I thought she throw it away again. But NO, it was hidden in a corner in my closet. But why is it there ? I have no idea. And when I saw that pendant, I was like ... guilty, happy and sad ! Guilty of accusing my Mom of throwing it away ( though I only realise of it's missing last year when Mom already passed away) happy because I really like the pendant. Sad because Mom won't be able to see that I am always going against her will, the rebellious one.

Only when we realise that we have lost that we will know how much we value it. SO when it is found back, we know we are given a second chance to appreciate it more.

How often we are given that second chance ?

No comments: