Sunday, November 9, 2008

Komodo Diving .. a dream come true !

                                   Ooi, Teh, Dolphin our Dive Monster, Irene and me 
                                                     posing infront of the boat, Sunset

Komodo dragon in Rinca National Park; note that this is a 
World UNESCO site and there are only 2700+ of dragons 
in the whole world. 


the whole group 
Ooi, Dolphin, Phileo, Saiman, Teh, Toru (partly hidden)
Irene, me, Kaneda and Tex in front.

Labuan Bajo the harbour of West Flores, the nearest airport to Komodo.


I just came back from this mystical place in the West Flores of Indonesia. This is the UNESCO World heritage site of the Komodo dragons. We can see them in 2 islands, Rinca or Komodo Island. I was staying in Bintang Flores Hotel the only star category hotel in the whole of Flores and trust me its really nice and comfy after a whole day full of activities. You certainly want to have a nice warm bed and a good hot shower with some nice food choices in the town of Labuan Bajo. OR I just opt to stay at the hotel for a nice and relax dinner. Well sometimes this is what we call adventure with a little comfort in a remote destination.

I have written earlier about this place that I have dreamt of going for a long time now. It's now over and no disappointments. A dream comes true without me working directly, consciously towards it BUT it happens ! The diving was fantastic and of course what's more important is also the company of other divers that makes the trip complete. Our experience with each other and during the dives, all the jokes and tales of missing divers in currents to new divers trying to compare airs with the more experience to the many jokes of having the best pose !

I must say one more time, though I have said it numerous times during my trip, I am blessed. I thank the universe for giving me this opportunity and realising one of my many dreams. I know more dreams of mine are on the way, I have a hunch about it. Anyway, this Komodo trip I would like to share some nice pics here. though this may not be the best group I have ever had, BUT its a FUN group though none are below 30s.

I am certainly hoping that I will be able to keep the faith and continue dreaming, for without dreams we are no where, we are just drifting in the big wide ocean without any directions. In our life, the journey of lessons and learning, we are being thrown numerous failures and successes however most importantly I believe in continuing the journey irregardless of  "Is this worth it ?" I use to ask myself this question but I have changed. Nothing is worth or not worth, 
we will only knows it when we arrive at the destination. SO before the destination, JUST KEEP GOING !


No comments: