Sunday, April 12, 2009

the man and his routine .. just that simple !

We arrive at the house of my sister in law in Teluk Intan (her father's funeral) and this man caught my attention. He was fixing the bamboo stick across the road. I was thinking hmm what is that bamboo for ? Is it to be use for the funeral ? Or smoe other things related to the funeral.

We went over to the house and offer our last prayers to the deceased. Waiting for the funeral, prayers etc etc. And then suddenly my eye look across the road, the man caught my fullest attention and I realize what he was doing with the bamboo. He is plucking cotton, he was standing under the cotton tree which is fully 'blooming'. He is using the bamboo to hit out at the buds and that moment I see cotton flies like snowing .. and then slowly he picks the cottons that falls to the earth like snow .. its a moment that is most beautiful on a Thursday morning. The man and his routine, he was obviously not aware of what's happening across the road when family and relatives mourn the lost.

Why I want to write about him is that its so simple and basic that he could be plucking it for his wife to make pillows and bolster for his family or h cold have pluck it for sale .. his life could be just that simple !

His little act kept me thinking over and again, is life just that simple ? May be .. perhaps when we don't ask for more and feel contented in our needs and wants. Life could just be that simple.

Is that so with you ?

3 comments:

vicki said...

plucking cotton? i am curious now. did you capture it with your camera to share?

Zahir said...

nooooo unfortunately ... it did not come into my mind, i was just staring at that. the cottons are falling just like snow .. beautiful moment !

vicki said...

next time if u happened to see such beautiful moment, dont forget to snap picture ok. omg i am imagining the scene of falling cottons... gasp!