Monday, April 4, 2011

FREE

Well today this morning had the chance of having McD breakfast, the egg McMuffin with chicken ham is reaaaly good ! Don’t mind having it again. Well the reason why I want to write is there’s this lady, while I was queuing up at the counter, I saw her standing in front of the cashier but wasn’t aware what she was doing thought she wanted to jump queue. But when my turn is up ordering, and the moment she saw that my total order was above RM5 she immediately come up and ask for a free meals with the coupons she have on hand. She had around3 or 4 on hand, free 2 big breakfast ! and my instant reaction was is she from some sort of orphanage or old folks home or some charity organisation ?

She was standing for almost 30 – 40 mins waiting for the next customer with a purchase of RM5 and above ! Though she is rude but I guess every customer that she approach wouldn’t mind her asking for help. After all, she mean no harm. It’s just a mean of survival. She is redeeming it for … her family ? her fellow peers ? I was for a minute, if me ? I can’t .. the act of asking for help from people this way, will demean my self esteem. But then again, when the situation forces you, will you do it ? See we take for granted in many other things in life, and this is a way for getting free food for those unfortunate.

I kept thinking, if me, will I be able to do what she is doing ? Asking for help to get free food ? Will I feel embarrassed or a shame to do so ?

No comments: