Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What will you do ?

Yesterday morning, I was having breakfast with Uncle Sim in Katong area(singapore), suddenly a lorry was non stop honking at first we thought it was some normal car blocking scene but when suddenly some of the restaurant patrons starts to notice and move to see what happens, we began to realise that the driver of the lorry was having either a seizure or heart attack. From my seat I could see that he keeps shaking his body and his hadn keep presing the steering. A few good samritans did try to help him by supporting his head but none try to do anything to move him from the seat. And Uncle Sim says that there's a clinic nearby and someone when over to the clinic to ask the doctor tocome and help. The doctor, a middleage man, came out and by the time he arrive the driver had re-gain his consciousness an was talking to the doctor. He seems reluctant to move from his driver seat. And few minutes later the ambulance arrive, with all the big medical boxes and the stretchers / wheelchairs. Still the driver is reluctant to move, after a few more minutes of talking and pursuading the doctor left the scene and letting the ambulance and emergency responder to handle the situation. And by the time we finished our drinks and food, we too start to move. And I saw that the drive couldn't control his bowel and his jean are all wet. I was like, why is he reluctant to seek medical assistance ? Only when Uncle Sim says that medical in Singapore is bloody expensive, that I realise why his reluctance. I guess with his salary he have a family to support and he can't afford to be sick or hospitalise. So to him his priority at this moment is not his life, but the consequences of his stopping his life. He cannot stop, he have to continue moving. If he stops the whole family could have stop as well. I wish for him the best and that his life could improve soon, universe will be fair to those who have sacrifise and never give up on themselves.

This incident makes me uncomfortable for a while and had me thinking. What if one day, may be tomorrow or may be next week or next month that suddenly I had a seizure or heart attackwhile driving. What will happen ? To me, to my business, to my family ? This happens everyday and every hours in all across the world and continents. It only makes our life even more fragile and unpredictable. Any moment any minute when it is up, we have to move on, no bargains no negotiations .. none. Just get up and go !

What will you do if you were given a chance to re-do one thing before your time is up ,say tomorrow ? What will you do NOW ?

1 comment:

JH said...

I will enjoy every moment that I have ;)