Tuesday, September 22, 2009

while I was away ...

While I was away in Bali recently on a business trip with a group of divers and to meet up with a close friend associate. I for the first time felt like returning 'home'. I stayed in this resort Alam Asmara before it was open back in 2004. The birth of this resort had been through a long and winding road that is full of joy and happiness, sweet and sour ! I had witnessed this journey of this resort's growth and when I finally get the chance to stay in a sense of melancholic comes instantly when I was greeted in the middle of the night by the same person who receive me during my first stayed when it was in its final stage to be ready for opening but have yet to be fully furnish ! I was the unofficial 1st guest then with no staff, no proper toiletries nor a 'working' kitchen (basically its all empty except the one room that is with only the bed & shower).

And now after 5 years I am finally back to this resort again, as a guest ! I am speechless ... its a full cycle though its not complete because along the way, a friend did not make it to see the finishing of this resort, Anez passed away due to sickness and she left behind a dear friend who have to struggle to make their dream comes true. Anez plays a major role in this resort. I hope she can see that it has now fruit well.

A few times when I walk along the pathway when I went to the restaurant when I went in to the spa room or just passed the reception, my heart was filled ! I can feel the struggle to get this dream fulfilled the long and winding journey !

I, too, am trying to fulfilled a dream in fact I am greedy to be working on 2 at the same time. I am always multitasking and dream far & wide ! And the road had never been easy ever since I make that leap out of silent retreat ! I want I want I want ...

And also during this trip, I had venture out on my own doing one thing that I could have never thought of doing at all. I ride a motorbike ! ! this is the second time I do so, the first time was in Ko Lanta with Keiko. But this time I was alone, it's something that I could have never thought of doing after numerous visits to Bali. My adventurous side kicks in and it feels nice .. just to experience that and step out of the normal routine !

No comments: