Saturday, January 3, 2009

Time to share

Its festive season now and should be the time where family gathers and share. The past years, all my new year eve's are spend away from my family members, making it my memorable years away and usher in the new faith and hope. Partying away the year. Never had I thought of them nor mum when I was away. I was the most adventurous child and the most outgoing too. The most rebellious too.

This year I am going to stay, not going anywhere, not planning anywhere but just to be with my siblings and their families. Its gonna be time spend with them my only family members left. This the time to share; to ask for forgiveness, to ask for support, to weather through the stormy days ahead, if there is any.

Share ? How much can one person share with another ? How open are we to share our feelings and problems ? How expressive are we when sharing ? Each have their own way of expressing.
Some verbal, some actions, some just by being there .. which one is yours ? I am learning to express myself better by with all 3 as different time will need us to react differently with different people.

I would like to mentioned here that during the past 2 weeks of my 'silent retreat' a friend, a stranger from a foreign that became friend offered to listen me out. Its nice to know that somehow somewhere when you think you are alone, you actually ARE NOT. I just reminded of that this morning, I am not alone. A lot of people are either standing by my side, behind me or just by being there. Most of these people, are not those that I thought would be. And it appears that I have never thought that it would be them ! Perhaps its time to really opens up my eyes and look around not only by seeing but seriously looking.



No comments: